With the availability of automotive-grade large computing power chips, in-vehicle computing platforms will gradually appear on the market. More and more automobile companies will successively launch mass-produced models close to the L3 level of autonomous driving. We look forward to the realization of intelligent network connections in all electric minibus.
Changes of manufacturer
Including Chinese car companies and new cars, manufacturers are all devoted to the development of advanced autonomous driving and the formulation of technical routes. At the same time, consumers have an increasing demand for intelligent driving above the L2 level. We expect all electric minibus to do the same.
Changes of the policy of all electric minibus
During the “14th Five-Year Plan” period, high-level autonomous driving will gradually be implemented. Including regulations, road infrastructure, and high computing power onboard computing platforms will gradually mature. At this stage, we expect all electric minibus companies to focus on high-level autonomous driving on mass-produced vehicles, realize mass production from L2 to L4, reduce the cost of onboard computing platforms, and achieve the coverage of the full range of autonomous driving and all models.
Based on the technological development of 5G-V2X, we expect that all electric minibus companies should realize the simultaneous development of new models, create overall vehicle-road-cloud synergy, and enhance the intelligent autonomous driving experience, instead of providing simple products and technologies, but creating a systematic, Platform-based autonomous driving solution.
Future development of all electric minibus
Facing the future, all electric minibus manufacturers should continue to launch higher-performance and lower-cost auto-regulated autonomous driving platforms to stimulate the upstream and downstream industrial chain and help the rapid development of advanced autonomous driving to integrate into the high-end era of smart cities.
The intelligent networked automobile industry is an important part of the national development strategy. With the continuous improvement of the level of intelligent network connection, the amount of integrated software code for automobile products, including minibus, is accelerating.
So, how will the intelligent onboard computing platform for high-level autonomous driving develop?
- The industry has widely circulated the saying “no smart, no new car”. Consumers’ enthusiasm for smart cars also includes expectations for all electric minibus.
- The development of smart cars has to go through three waves of development:
- The first wave is primary intelligence, which occurs in the cockpit field. Its characteristic is based on voice recognition to solve the problem of human-computer interaction;
- the second wave is the ongoing intelligent driving. Its core technology is the multi-sensor fusion AR recognition technology based on lidar and cameras, and it currently has the conditions for mass production;
- the third wave is the intelligentization of the whole vehicle, and there will be semantic intelligence at this stage. Not only involves the perception of vision and lidar but may also add semantic integration and intelligence.
Automotive industry changes of all electric minibus
- From the 1.0 era of mechanization to the 2.0 era of electrification, and then to the 3.0 era of mechatronics. Every change has brought about earth-shaking changes in the automotive industry. Today, we have entered the era of Industry 4.0 marked by cyber-physical systems. This also means that the automotive transportation system will undergo revolutionary changes in the next 10-20 years. We look forward to such changes in the manufacture of minibusses.
The importance of intelligent network for all industries
The intelligently networked vehicle is a typical complex cyber-physical system deeply integrated with automobiles, transportation, information, and communication systems. The intelligent networked cyber-physical system (ICV CPS) will support the digital transformation of the industry. And the construction of the future transportation system. In order to meet the complex requirements of interdisciplinary and cross-industry development, digital industrialization, and regional attributes. It is urgent to establish a reference architecture for the cyber-physical system of an intelligently networked vehicle for minibusses.
The reference architecture of the intelligent networked cyber-physical system is the key to our realization of China’s smart cars for minibusses. It has also provided technical support for the overall design of complex systems, reconfiguration design. And the improvement of China’s standard system, which meets the needs of the cross-border top-level design.
The National Intelligent Networked Vehicle Technology Center has formed a high degree of consensus with the automobile, transportation, communications, public security, and other departments to jointly complete the research and formulation of the reference architecture version 2.0, laying a solid foundation for the implementation of the intelligent networked vehicle cyber-physical system.
In the future, such a reference architecture will continue to advance to further improve the design tool software of the entire chain in collaboration with various industries.
Promoting demonstrations in accordance with this line of thinking will help Chinese minibus manufacturers to improve their R&D capabilities and digital transformation. And will also play a more important role in the establishment of an intelligently networked car ecosystem with Chinese characteristics.